Tuesday, May 24, 2011
12:27 AM | Posted by Mystic Comfort | | Edit Post
The Versatile Blogger Award
Recently, I heard from Aurie Good at Our Good Life that she was giving me this award and I'm so happy and honored to receive it! I confess that I had seen it begin to make its way to other blogs and I wanted one for my very own :).
When you receive this award, you have to share 7 surprising things about yourself and then, you get to pass on the award to 15 other wonderful bloggers (that was the hard part!). I did this once before when I received the Stylish Blogger Award, so hopefully, I'm not repeating myself.
Seven Things You Didn't Know...
(1) One of my favorite things to make is ice cream sandwiches with pineapple pound cake cookies and Haagen Daz pineapple and coconut ice cream.
(2) My favorite TV show is "Dancing with the Stars." All three generations of my family call each other on the phone to talk about it while it's on (my mother and I, and my son until he goes to bed).
(3) My favorite karaoke song to sing is "Last Dance!" by Donna Summer. It's been years since I sang it, but I used to really enjoy the applause (is that bad? :) ). What do or would you sing?
(4) One of my favorite songs of all time is "Play that Funky Music!" by Wild Cherry. I have occasionally danced to it all by myself with my eyes closed ~ I like it that much. What's your favorite?
(5) I have a secret crush on a political news pundit (I'm not saying who but feel free to guess).
(6) One of my favorite music videos of all time is "Coldhearted Snake" by Paula Abdul. I used to take jazz dance lessons when I was younger and this video always makes me wish I was a choreographer.
(7) I won a call-in radio contest when I was 8 or 9 by singing an Olivia Newton-John song. I think it was "Have You Never Been Mellow".
And Now, the Versatile Blogger Award Goes to...
These are awesome women and men who have blessed and enriched my life online since I met them. I enjoy sharing cyberspace with them and I always get out the tea and shortbread cookies whenever they come to visit...
Heather Stephens: Heather has changed my life through the ProveIt! Challenge and her mastermind community, so I cannot say enough good things about her. You can find her helpful marketing tips at http://www.clevermarketer.com
Steve Rice: Steve is a good friend of mine who just published a book, An Imperceptible Spark: Finding the Courage to Live a Life of Joy, and offers lots of inspiration and encouragement at his blog. You can find him at Karmic Kappucino.
Oliver Tausend: Oliver is a great thought leader when it comes to building a network marketing business online. His blog will help you clear away the limiting beliefs and identify the unfinished business holding back your success.
Sherrie Koretke: Sherrie is a Dressing Your Truth type four whose beauty is stunning and whose wisdom is gentle and powerful. She has helped me to accept and affirm my way of building my business online & has helped me learn more about my purpose and my spiritual niche. Check her out at http://www.sherriekoretke.com.
Nina at Momma Go Round: I link-up with her each week for Real Momma, Real Style and I appreciate her encouragement of those of us who are SAHMs or WAHMs to pay attention to what we are wearing, dress ourselves up now and again. You can find her at Momma Go Round.
Michelle Shaeffer: I have learned tons of techie and bloggie things from Michelle that have helped me get and keep my blog running well. She also is an encourager, though, and I enjoy hanging out at her blog.
Peggie Arvidson: Peggie is way cool and she'll read your hands, too! She helped me understand a lot of the things I do that don't work so well for me and gave me (and the rest of our group during her class) permission to define my spotlight i a way that works for me not the typical "go big or go home" stuff you see online.
Sarah Hoffman: She blogs about her experiences raising a son she describes as a "pink boy" and doing it with such grace and courage that she inspires me as I raise my own, who has definite "pink" tendencies. I still haven't given him one of my purses to wear but I told him I would & I'm working toward it.
B! from Way to Be!: I admire the way she has so fully embraced her Dressing Your Truth type and embodies it at her very type one blog.
Stella Anokam: She emailed me to suggest some keywords I might use for this blog and patiently explained how to make the most of them, writing me several times until I fully got it. She is a great marketing resource for bloggers & businesswomen... http://www.stellaanokam.com
Kimberly, the Fashion Momma in Training : I enjoy her plus size style and her down-to-earth, authentic posts. Find her at Fashion Momma in Training.
Danyelle Smith Little: blogs about both business and lifestyle topics and is nominated for Best Lifestyle Blog for the 2011 Black Weblog Awards. She was the first person to congratulate me for my own nomination for Best Plus Size Fashion Blog.
Lisa Miles Brady: I love Lisa's blog! She is as real as they come and as you read along, you're likely to find yourself becoming more authentic and aware.
Elizabeth from Delightfully Tacky: I am counting these next two as one because of their creation of the Indie Bloggers eConference this year. Just when I was feeling letdown because I didn't think I would be able to attend any fashion blogging conferences this year, they created this one.
Tieka Dieroff: And their blogs are truly inspirational if you are a personal style blogger or aspire to become one. You can find Elizabeth at Delightfully Tacky and Tiekuh at Selective Potential.
Lisa, the Punk Rock Psychic: In many ways, her blog feels like a home-away-from-home online, a comfy hangout for likeminded people. She calls my name on the first page of her website: "hey rebels, misfits, punks, freaks, renegades and revolutionaries..."
Who in your life (or cyberworld) would you most like to honor?
Rock your own plus size style as you
discover your unique beauty.
Start here with my free eCourse
7 Fashion Myths Exposed
Discover Your Style
Discover Your Energy Profile
How to Dress Your Truth
I help plus-sized women who don't feel beautiful in their clothes discover their perfect style & create a closet filled with clothes they love that love them back!
"I thought I didn't feel good in my clothes because I was not my ideal weight. I am still not my ideal weight, but since learning how to dress my truth I feel like I look good. I haven’t felt that way for years. And all thanks to this remarkable new way of seeing myself." –Michelle, posting on Carol Tuttle’s Facebook wall.
- Mystic Comfort
- Spiritual alchemist, mystic, faerie priestess and shaman, wisdom guide, crystal healer, spiritual aromatherapist, certified holistic health practitioner, lover of Frosted Flakes, sweet tea, shortbread cookies, and apple pie a la mode, tea enthusiast, INFP, write-at-home (occasionally tired & cranky) Waldorf homeschooling mom. Becoming yourself is a spiritual calling. And my mission is to help you answer the call.
- Molly Ringwald's "Own Your Beauty," Anti-Aging Tip...
- Real Momma, Real Style: Grey & Brown Capsule Wardr...
- Remembering Jeffrey
- 3 in 30: Did You Meet Your Goals this Month?
- My Summer Capsule Wardrobe: The Cropped Pants Expe...
- Wardrobe Remix Adventures for What I Wore Wednesda...
- The Versatile Blogger Award: Who, me?
- Capsule Wardrobe Essentials for Signature Style on...
- Three in Thirty: What Encouraged You this Week?
- Vote for Me for Best Plus Size Fashion Blog for th...
- A Capsule Wardrobe with J. Jill Cardigans?
- My Spring and Summer Capsule Wardrobe
- Scooby Doo & The Case of the Ice Cream Sundaes...
- The Nine Rooms of Happiness
- What I Learned from Goldie Hawn, Part Two
- Dressing Your Truth & the Energy of Color
- What I Learned from Goldie Hawn
- Dressing Your Truth & My Conversation with Goldie ...
- Introducing The Nine Rooms of Happiness
- Three in Thirty: My Goals for May
- What I Wore Wednesdays
- Going Rogue w/ Project 333!
- Creating A Capsule Wardrobe that Honors Your Dress...
- 2010 (125)
Dress Your Truth & Wardrobe Remix Squidoo Lenses
- Six Items or Less
- 8 Pieces, 30 Ways
- Wardrobe Remix
- Project 333 Website
- Project 333 Squidoo lens
- 30 Day Wardrobe Challenge
- Capsule Wardrobe Essentials
- Dresses & Skirts 30-Day Wardrobe Challenge
- Book Review of Dressing Your Truth
- The Nine Rooms of Happiness
- Intro to Dressing Your Truth
- Holiday Fashion Tips
12 Simple Separates 3 in 30 30 Day Wardrobe Challenge 30 for 30 Remix Beauty Profiling Carol Tuttle Closet Remix Core Wardrobe Define Your Style Defining Personal Style Dressing Your Truth Energy Profiling Facial Profiling Fashion Advice Find Your Signature Style Makeovers Marie Claire My Dressing Your Truth Experience My Energy Profile Plus Size Style Project 333 remember who you are Six Items or Less Type 2 Type Four Type One Wardrobe Remix
Powered by Blogger.