Monday, March 28, 2011
9:40 AM | Posted by Anna Jeanine | | Edit Post
Which six would you choose?
The goal for Six Items or Less, a 30 day wardrobe challenge, is to choose six items of clothing, not including outerwear, underwear, pajamas, loungewear, workout clothes or accessories, and wear only them for 30 days.
People choose this challenge for different reasons, some to create a uniform or a signature style. Others to move toward minimalism. Others to challenge their creativity. Etc.
What I realized last week as I was confirming my six choices (I tried them all on again), is that I have a uniform!
It is definitely a secondary motivation to test out a specific combination, cardigan/tank/pants, because I already know that that works. But that's how it turned out this time!
Here are my choices...
LOVE the combo of blue and brown, and how comfortable it feels. I think this may become one of my favorite outfits!
Do you have a favorite casual outfit?
What I Hope Will Happen...
Here's the thing: dressing your truth is a process! When I did Six Items or Less the last time, I picked at least two items of my six that were really not that into me.
And over the month, my love for them grew cold as well. They were too dark and one was not the right structure/fabrication.What's worse if that my favorite pair of pants, already worn practically into nonexistence, shrank and became what used to be called "highwaters" when I was growing up. Perfect for rain or flooding!
So my hope is that the "magic ball" of my experience will say, "you have chosen wisely!" If each piece is a perfect match not only for a Dressing Your Truth type two, but also for my developing sense of signature style, then this month should feel pretty good. That's my hope!
Could you limit yourself to six pieces of clothing? Would you ever choose a 30 day wardrobe challenge?
7 Fashion Myths Exposed
Discover Your Style
Discover Your Energy Profile
How to Dress Your Truth
I help plus-sized women who don't feel beautiful in their clothes discover their perfect style & create a closet filled with clothes they love that love them back!
"I thought I didn't feel good in my clothes because I was not my ideal weight. I am still not my ideal weight, but since learning how to dress my truth I feel like I look good. I haven’t felt that way for years. And all thanks to this remarkable new way of seeing myself." –Michelle, posting on Carol Tuttle’s Facebook wall.
- Anna Jeanine
- I am an author, faerie whisperer, moon priestess, healer and spiritual director who helps women come home to themselves & create the magical, mystical and enchanted lives they are meant to have. Working privately or in a group, I create virtual retreats, rituals & healing meditations for women who are ready to heal whatever has been getting in the way of creating the life that's waiting for them. Becoming yourself is a spiritual calling. And it makes me happy to help you answer the call.
- Three in Thirty: What Are Your Goals for April?
- My Best 30 Day Wardrobe Challenge Yet! Third Time'...
- The 30-Day Wardrobe Challenge Continues...
- Six Items or Less Begins: My New 30-Day Wardrobe C...
- Wardrobe Remix: What I Learned from this 30 Day Wa...
- Three in Thirty: How Was Your Month? My Closing Th...
- 30 Day Wardrobe Challenge: The Denim Jacket Test
- A Reader Asks: Why Do You Wear the Same Colors All...
- 30 Day Wardrobe Challenge: Dodging the Skirt
- 30 Day Wardrobe Challenge: Decisions, Decisions!
- My Wardrobe Remix: Three Weeks in to My 30-Day War...
- What Energy Profile Type is Charlie Sheen?
- A St. Patrick's Day "Three in Thirty" Post: Did Yo...
- St. Patrick's Day Wardrobe Remix: I Think These Wi...
- Wardrobe Remix: Should It Stay or Should It Go?
- 30-Day Wardrobe Challenge: Planning for the Next "...
- There's a New "Six" in Town!
- My First Blogger Award!
- Wardrobe Remix: Second Week Favorites...
- Three in Thirty: How Did You Do This Week?
- Wardrobe Remix: The Mysterious Case of the Khaki P...
- Wardrobe Remix: The Challenge of Being Plus-Sized
- Wardrobe Remix: Unrequited Love & the Goldilocks S...
- Wardrobe Remix: First Strike?
- Look What I Found in My Closet! What Might You Fin...
- My Closet Remix: Thoughts about My First Week
- Three in Thirty: My Goals for March...
- My Wardrobe Remix: Off with My Head!...
- The "Signature Style" Remix Continues with Love at...
- The 30 for 30 Challenge Begins: Identifying Signat...
- The 31 Days Blog Challenge (Welcome!)
- 2010 (125)
J Peterman Catalog - Men's Fall 2011 (1)3 years ago
Dress Your Truth & Wardrobe Remix Squidoo Lenses
- Six Items or Less
- 8 Pieces, 30 Ways
- Wardrobe Remix
- Project 333 Website
- Project 333 Squidoo lens
- 30 Day Wardrobe Challenge
- Capsule Wardrobe Essentials
- Dresses & Skirts 30-Day Wardrobe Challenge
- Book Review of Dressing Your Truth
- The Nine Rooms of Happiness
- Intro to Dressing Your Truth
- Holiday Fashion Tips
12 Simple Separates 3 in 30 30 Day Wardrobe Challenge 30 for 30 Remix Beauty Profiling Carol Tuttle Closet Remix Core Wardrobe Define Your Style Defining Personal Style Dressing Your Truth Energy Profiling Facial Profiling Fashion Advice Find Your Signature Style Makeovers Marie Claire My Dressing Your Truth Experience My Energy Profile Plus Size Style Project 333 remember who you are Six Items or Less Type 2 Type Four Type One Wardrobe Remix
Powered by Blogger.