Tuesday, March 1, 2011
12:37 PM | Posted by Mystic Comfort | | Edit Post
What's your signature style?
As I begin this 30-day challenge/adventure, here's what I'm hoping to get out of it...
Defining Personal Style
(1) I'm hoping to get clear on what works for me and what doesn't in the wardrobe I currently have.
(2) I'm hoping to get a clearer sense of personal and signature style. I already know from thinking about my "uniform" that I prefer long dresses and long skirts.
But I was inspired by the ladies in the Dressing Your Truth forum to clarify things even more, I took a bunch of "signature style" quizzes online to see what the results would have in common...
"Take a serious assessment of your overall current style, deciding if you are traditional, modern, fashion-forward, casual, hippie natural, etc."—About.com
(1) Hippie Natural
(2) Jane Austen/Regency
(no quiz here, just love the movie outfits)
(3) Modern Romantic
"Your home is where your heart is. And whether you're decorating or dressing, everything has to have a little extra touch of femininity." –Spiegel
(4) Girly Girl
"You embrace your femininity and celebrate your womanhood with the clothes and accessories you choose. Why would you deliberately dress like a man or like you just rolled out of bed? You enjoy a mix of comfort and style, and even if you're going to the grocery store in your sweats, you'll still have a feminine piece of jewelry or hair accessory on."–LifeScript
No pictures for these last two, but I quoted the parts that resonated with me. So I will try to support this style theme this month and see how it feels.
I decided to kick off this challenge with a picture of myself! Most days, I will just show you a picture of the outfit, and then, at the end of the week, will probably show you a picture of me in my favorite outfit.
My "Thumbs-Up" Ratings: 1-10...
comfort ~ 9
wearability ~ 6
"love it" ~ 7
loves me back ~ 7
How I Felt In It...
I loved the feel of the skirt and am thinking it will become a favorite. The whole outfit was comfortable, except for the tank top, which I had not tried on before. It didn't fit as loosely as I would like and I kept pulling at it, which, ick!, is a dart to the self-esteem when you're overweight.
So, since I have nowhere to go today, I took the outfit off and put my loungewear on, and will probably exchange it.
Also, I am not sure about that particular blue with that skirt. A lighter one might be better?
Will It Make the Cut?...
The general silhouette will, and most of the outfit will, I think, because overall, I really liked it. The skirt is what I liked most, though, so I'm looking forward to trying different combinations with it to see how it goes.
What are you wearing and how do you feel about it?
7 Fashion Myths Exposed
Discover Your Style
Discover Your Energy Profile
How to Dress Your Truth
"When you are not dressing your truth, you send a message that conflicts with who you truly are. What you are wearing sends a message to other people which influences their first impression of you. You may be judged in a negative light because your true nature is not being honored by your appearance."
Labels: 30 for 30 Remix
- Mystic Comfort
- Spiritual alchemist, mystic, faerie priestess and shaman, wisdom guide, crystal healer, spiritual aromatherapist, certified holistic health practitioner, lover of Frosted Flakes, sweet tea, shortbread cookies, and apple pie a la mode, tea enthusiast, INFP, write-at-home (occasionally tired & cranky) Waldorf homeschooling mom. Becoming yourself is a spiritual calling. And my mission is to help you answer the call.
- Three in Thirty: What Are Your Goals for April?
- My Best 30 Day Wardrobe Challenge Yet! Third Time'...
- The 30-Day Wardrobe Challenge Continues...
- Six Items or Less Begins: My New 30-Day Wardrobe C...
- Wardrobe Remix: What I Learned from this 30 Day Wa...
- Three in Thirty: How Was Your Month? My Closing Th...
- 30 Day Wardrobe Challenge: The Denim Jacket Test
- A Reader Asks: Why Do You Wear the Same Colors All...
- 30 Day Wardrobe Challenge: Dodging the Skirt
- 30 Day Wardrobe Challenge: Decisions, Decisions!
- My Wardrobe Remix: Three Weeks in to My 30-Day War...
- What Energy Profile Type is Charlie Sheen?
- A St. Patrick's Day "Three in Thirty" Post: Did Yo...
- St. Patrick's Day Wardrobe Remix: I Think These Wi...
- Wardrobe Remix: Should It Stay or Should It Go?
- 30-Day Wardrobe Challenge: Planning for the Next "...
- There's a New "Six" in Town!
- My First Blogger Award!
- Wardrobe Remix: Second Week Favorites...
- Three in Thirty: How Did You Do This Week?
- Wardrobe Remix: The Mysterious Case of the Khaki P...
- Wardrobe Remix: The Challenge of Being Plus-Sized
- Wardrobe Remix: Unrequited Love & the Goldilocks S...
- Wardrobe Remix: First Strike?
- Look What I Found in My Closet! What Might You Fin...
- My Closet Remix: Thoughts about My First Week
- Three in Thirty: My Goals for March...
- My Wardrobe Remix: Off with My Head!...
- The "Signature Style" Remix Continues with Love at...
- The 30 for 30 Challenge Begins: Identifying Signat...
- The 31 Days Blog Challenge (Welcome!)
- 2010 (125)
Dress Your Truth & Wardrobe Remix Squidoo Lenses
- Six Items or Less
- 8 Pieces, 30 Ways
- Wardrobe Remix
- Project 333 Website
- Project 333 Squidoo lens
- 30 Day Wardrobe Challenge
- Capsule Wardrobe Essentials
- Dresses & Skirts 30-Day Wardrobe Challenge
- Book Review of Dressing Your Truth
- The Nine Rooms of Happiness
- Intro to Dressing Your Truth
- Holiday Fashion Tips
12 Simple Separates 3 in 30 30 Day Wardrobe Challenge 30 for 30 Remix Beauty Profiling Carol Tuttle Closet Remix Core Wardrobe Define Your Style Defining Personal Style Dressing Your Truth Energy Profiling Facial Profiling Fashion Advice Find Your Signature Style Makeovers Marie Claire My Dressing Your Truth Experience My Energy Profile Plus Size Style Project 333 remember who you are Six Items or Less Type 2 Type Four Type One Wardrobe Remix
Powered by Blogger.